Wednesday, January 1, 2014

my top 13 major songs of 2013

2013 was a great year for music. Lorde came on the scene with Royals, Imagine Dragons really took the stage, Beyonce totally surprised the world with her self-title video album which is supposed to be super sick, the Jonas Brothers broke up, Katy Perry GREW UP!!!, Miley Cyrus...

There was a great increase in lyrical genius as well... when you feel my fear/look into my eyes/it's where my demons hide; there is no fear now/let go and just begin/ i will love you unconditionally; we'll never be royals, it don't run in our blood/ that kinda luxe just ain't for us/ we crave a different kind of buzz...total WOW moments. There was also a decline in mindless pop music (with the exception of Pitbull and Ke$ha's Timber which is a surprisingly cool song even if it IS mindless) and an increase in the demand for alternative/indie music. It shows that there is indeed hope for humanity.

So, here (in no particular order except Demons which is definitely my number one) is a video playlist of my favorite songs of the year. Enjoy!

1.



2.


3.


4. 

5. 


6.

7. 

8. 

9. 

10. 

11. 

12. 

13. 

No comments:

Post a Comment